November 3, 2008

Finalized: Color Scheme!


The Inspiration: Actress Rashida Jones' Manhattan studio apartment featured in a recent issue of Domino.

A new apartment always means one thing: lots of shopping. It seems whatever you had in your old place just never seems to fit quite right in the new place. In this particular move, I knew I would be downsizing from a one bedroom to a studio apartment, which presents a whole new set of challenges. For several months now I've been frantically pulling together tear sheets, paint chips, fabric samples and perusing every website and design blog I can find for inspiration. I have decided, for once in my life, I am going to treat myself as my own client and actually create a design plan for my new apartment. After sorting through the wish-list, I have settled on a scheme of black-and-white, lavendar, deep purple, light blue and turquoise. Being a designer and creating a pulled-together space for yourself is always a challenge because we love everything we see and want it all, but in a small space, it's best to keep to a consistent pallete or it could end up looking haphazard. I've flipped back and forth on the colors several times now, the only consistent color being light blue (an existing armchair I am keeping and have to work with), so posting it on this blog is my way of sealing the deal. I'm not allowed to change my mind again!

The Headboard: Cheap and Chic from Target!

Window Treatments: Lavendar Dupioni Silk

Jonathan Adler's "Love" Pillow

Jonathan Adler's "Links" Pillow

Thomas Paul's "Flock" Pillow

Crate and Barrel's "Tempo Velvet" Pillow

Pair of Foo Dogs

Sunburst Mirror: A great e-bay find for only $70!

Circa Lighting's "Dean" Sconce

No comments: