December 12, 2008

Efficient Efficiency



I always laugh when I hear people complain about living in 1,200 square feet. Here in New York, 1,200 square feet is a luxury reserved for only those who are very wealthy, or those who have 11 roommates. We are lucky if our studio is large enough to fit a bed AND a couch. Accordingly, it’s very important to have a well-thought out design plan when you live in a small space. Case in point: Italian Architect Luca Andrisani’s Manhattan apartment as featured in the November issue of Metropolitan Home. I love it when I see an architect who cares about interiors – especially their own. His design makes great use of every inch of space in his 400 square foot apartment, from a double-sided storage wall to a rotating flat-screen TV that can be swiveled to be viewed from either the living room or the bedroom. He is an incredibly talented designer – not to mention incredibly good-looking! I wonder if he’s single…okay, in this business, I guess the question should be, I wonder if he's straight and single?


No comments: