August 20, 2008

Homegoods, How I Love Thee...





I am somewhat of a Homegoods addict. The thrill is in knowing that it's never the same store twice. They are constantly getting in new shipments of housewares, beautiful china, lamps, bedding and furniture. It's a design geek's heaven, especially if you're on a budget.

My latest Homegoods score: a $400 Shine Home lamp for $79. I almost went into shock when I saw it on the shelf. At first the striking black on yellow design caught my eye, and then I realized that I had seen this lamp somewhere before. I checked the original tag that was still attached, and lo and behold! Shine Home! They happen to be one of my favorite houseware retailers who I can never afford to buy from. It doesn't even work with my current decor, but since I will be moving soon, I'm sure I can find a place for it in my new studio apartment in Manhattan. What's a Lamp Tramp to do???

No comments: