September 16, 2008

My Attempts at Graphic Design...


One additional skill that I added to my resume this year is Photoshop. This was born out of complete boredom in my days at Baker Barrios Architects, during a slow period when I was having trouble filling the 8 hour days. One thing I learned from my experience there is that if you want to acquire a new skill, you're better off teaching yourself. If you sit around waiting for someone to instruct you, you're going to be waiting a long time. I was lucky enough to have the wonderfully talented artist and Director of Design, Monte Olinger, give me a few tips on rendering and teach me a couple of tricks of the Photoshop trade. I am certainly no expert, but I have come a long way. In my first attempts at graphic design using Photoshop, I've created my very first personal logo as an Interior Designer, which will be printed up on business cards as soon as I have a permanent address to put on them! I need to work on the resolution a bit, but you get the idea...


No comments: